Shaving facial hair is not only for men, it’s for women as well. If you’re thinking twice about having your facial hair removed, you should consider doing so because: (1) it won’t cost you anything—well, except for the razor; (2) it does not hurt; and (3) it makes your skin look flawless.
If you’re still not convinced, here are a few more facts you should know.
1. Shaving is also a form of skin exfoliation. Shaving your face removes the dead skin cells of the face, just like when using facial scrubs. If you need to deal with facial hair, at least you can also get mild exfoliation that will make your skin look even brighter and younger.
2. Facial hair doesn’t grow back thicker after shaving. Neither shaving nor waxing makes hair to grow thicker and faster. We have certain number of facial hair follicles, and as long as you don’t destroy them with a laser treatment, the continue growing at the same thickness and same rate.
3. Waxing irritates the skin more than shaving. There are some people who are not sensitive to waxing. However, for those who are, you know how exasperating those red itches are. Your best option? Shaving. Shaving is much gentler on the skin, meaning you’ll have less to no irritating skin reaction to it.
4. Shave the face while in the shower. Wash your face with warm water for a few minutes to soften the hair follicles. This also to opens the pores so that shaving can be less irritating and much easier for the skin.
5. Shaving is the only way to remove baby hair. Today’s laser treatment for facial hair removal is best to do with highly pigmented hairs, which means that a laser patient should be someone who has lighter skin and darker hair. Fair-coloured, ultra-thin hair (or vellus hair), usually located along the jaw line won’t be removed with by laser treatments. Therefore, you’re way to go is by shaving.
For women, having noticeable facial hair can be a source of self-esteem issues and/or a reason to be hesitant to enter a romantic relationship. But now that you know the truth that lies behind it, it should now be easier for you to take care of your facial hair.