Folliculitis is very common skin disorder not only here in Singapore but around the world. It is possible that you endured folliculitis at some point in your life but you do not know how to deal with it. It is important that you know everything about folliculitis.
Well, this is the perfect time to learn about folliculitis. Here are some facts about it:
- Definition: When you hear folliculitis, it refers to an infection of your hair follicles. You know that each hair in your body grows in a follicle, right? Folliculitis can be in any part of your body that has hair. However, the most common areas that suffer folliculitis include scalp and face.
- Causes: Folliculitis is an infection therefore it is caused by bacteria. Folliculitis happen if you have impaired hair follicles. Activities like shaving can irritate the follicles.
- Symptoms: Folliculitis resembles to that of a red pimple. You will know if it is folliculitis if there is a hair in its centre.
- Diagnosis: Folliculitis can be diagnosed with the help of your dermatologist. Your doctor will thoroughly check your skin and your activities. Your doctor may require you to undergo further tests to make sure that you do not have different problems like heat rash and impetigo.
- Treatment: The good thing about folliculitis is you have lots of options. There are many treatments here in Singapore. The treatments vary depending on the cause of your folliculitis. There’s the home therapy that you can try.
- Prevention: You can prevent folliculitis. The basic thing that you should do is observe good skin hygiene. As much as possible you have to avoid hot tubs and pools. Do not forget to change your razors and keep your skin hydrated.
Hopefully you were enlightened.