You love to travel. As much as possible you want a smooth and safe travel but there are times that you will encounter something. It will be beneficial if you are aware of travel scams so you will know how to deal with it. Here are some travel scams that you should be aware of:
- Hotel touts: Hotel touts are everywhere. When you arrive, hotel touts will mislead you to use their services particularly their bus. There are times that they will swarm around you leaving you no choice but to follow since they already grabbed your luggage.
- Taxi meter: Meters are required to be installed in every taxi but despite that, drivers can still cheat. They will break their taxi meters or they will claim that they forgot to press the meter. You have to watch out for these.
- ATM robberies: Criminals will do anything just to get money. If they spotted you, they will simply rob you in broad daylight.
- Fake goods: If you are a tourist, you would want to buy something to remind you of your travel. Scammers take this opportunity to present you with fake or counterfeit goods. You paid a good deal of money not knowing that it is a fake or counterfeit. You have to scrutinize well.
- Currency exchange: Currency exchange is common whenever you travel. You have to be watchful because local exchange offices will slip a worthless note.
You are lucky if you did not encounter anything during your travel. Whatever you may face, always keep the positive attitude. Enjoy the travel. Feast your eyes and your soul to all magnificent things. Travel safely!