Phone applications can be the leading causes of distraction when studying, but once you learn how to use these technology to your advantage, these apps can help you make the most out of your study session! It’s time to say goodbye to your “no phone zone” rule when studying.
1. Study – From the app’s name itself, Study is one simple application which aims to provide you a comfortable experience throughout the entire study session. Simply plug in your headset, press play, and you’ll have about 45 minutes of soundscape which effectively blocks distracting background noise.
2. Tinycards – This application features a set of virtual flashcards which you can use to memorize important information. There are some preset topics you can choose from, but if you want to customize the cards, there is also an option where you can create your own decks. The good news is: you can also share your personalized decks with your friends!
3. Easy study – If you want to create a study timetable but got no idea where to start, use Easy study. You can just key in the subjects you must study for, the time you want to allot for each, and the total study hours you’ll be doing on the daily. This app helps you come up with an efficient timetable which can optimize your time well.
4. Coffitivity – For some students, they learn better with a little background noise to stimulate their minds. Therefore, a number of students like to study in coffee shops. That said, there’s no need for you to head to the nearest coffee shop just to study. You can stay in a quiet location and make use of this app where you can listen to tracks of coffee shop ambient music/noise. This is designed to help students focus!
5. Evernote – There are lots of applications to help you with note-taking, but Evernote stands out because you can basically add just about everything. It doesn’t limit you to only use words in your notes. You can opt to add sound, images, color labels, and you can even come up with a sorting system to arrange them into different notebooks or tags.
6. GoConqur – This is another application to help you come up with efficient learning content. Through this app, you can create online mind-maps, quizzes, and flashcards on your phone which can also be viewed on desktop. There is also a connect feature where you can sync with your classmates and share contents to each other.