Tricks to Retouch Your Makeup in Seconds
Retouching your makeup is a must for a fresh and gorgeous look all day, but it can be a bit tricky. Powdering too much can make your face look cakey and retouching feathered lipstick is more than just slathering a fresh coat of colour.
The key to beautifully retouch your makeup is to use very little amount of products that provide massive results. Here are some more tricks for speedy retouching.
1. Take Care of the Shine First. Instead of patting layers of powder that will eventually make your face look cakey, blot excess oil on your skin with an oil-blotting tissue and dab a layer of shine-killing primer on your T-zone. This will eliminate the oil and avoid too much product to cling on certain areas of your face.
2. Keep Flaws Under Cover. Keep hyperpigmentation, zits, and acne scars under cover with concealer that perfectly matches your foundation. Opt for a pencil type concealer for on-the-go touch ups for more precise coverage. Also, don’t forget to conceal tired looking eye bags with a layer of your favourite liquid concealer.
3. Brighten Up Your Look. Later in the day, when your eye makeup has creased and faded, simply dab pearl eyeshadow on the centre of your eyelids and on the browbone. Also apply a bit on top of your cheekbones to brighten up your complexion.
4. Refresh the Colour. Liven up your look by refreshing the colour of your face. Simply pat thin layers of gel blush (or peachy lipstick) on your cheeks for natural looking blush. As much as possible, stay away from powdered blush when retouching to avoid cakeyness.
5. Gloss it On. Get that supple puckers again by swiping a coat of sheer lipstick or reboot feathered lippies by putting on a layer or two of tinted lip gloss. A bonus tip: if you feel sleepy and tired n the middle of the day, retouch with a bold red lipstick. The perfect red will instantly up your mood and make you feel more confident.
Retouching makeup doesn’t need a lot of time. Test out these quick makeup touch-up tricks and see for yourself how quick it is to look fresh and fab again.