Internet has helped us learn a lot of things even if we are just in the comforts of our home. This is also true for singing, as online singing lessons is becoming trendy these days. While some people would argue that vocal training under an instructor is the best way to improve your singing voice, technology found a way to make learning more accessible for all the aspiring singers out there. In fact, even some voice coaches in Singapore recognize the convenience of taking vocal lessons online. If you are still not convinced, here are some advantages you will experience when you choose to enrol in an online singing class.
1. It’s Affordable
The main reason why online singing lessons are becoming popular in Singapore these days is due to its affordability. Interested students will be able to save expenses from commuting to their music school or training studio, while vocal training instructors are freed from the cost of renting a music studio. With this set-up, both parties will be able to do their respective parts without spending too much.
2. It Offers Hassle-Free Schedule
Setting a training schedule between you and your instructor is perhaps the most difficult thing to accomplish when taking in-person singing lessons. You will need to plan your schedule very well since you need to consider your travel time to reach your training studio. But with online singing classes, you get to learn your lessons anytime and anywhere you want, saving you from the stress of setting a schedule for both you and your vocal coach.
3. It Promotes Focused Teaching
Since you can now schedule your vocal training at your most convenient time – sans the travelling time and other miscellaneous expenses – both you and your instructor can already focus more in teaching and learning various singing techniques. Most online voice lessons with a great singing lesson teacher in Singapore are done on a one-on-one session, making it easier for the students to be more expressive compared to when they are attending group training sessions.
4. It Allows You to Choose Your Own Teacher
Instead of settling with the teachers available in your neighbourhood, online singing lessons give you access and freedom to choose an instructor from a different area in Singapore or even outside the country. With this, you get to choose a vocal coach who can effectively improve your skills and help you focus on your learning goal. If you are lucky enough, you could even find an online teacher who offers advice and help after your singing classes either through email or instant messaging to ensure that you get all the learning support you might need.
5. It Gives You Freedom to Learn at Your Own Pace
Having the freedom to learn at your own pace is refreshing, and while it could often cause you to slack off, your online instructor will definitely encourage you to continue on with your learning. Being busy or not having enough time to learn is no longer an excuse to skip on your singing lessons. In fact, there are some students who would take their lessons even if they are sick. The key here is self-discipline and maintaining your motivation, both of which your vocal training instructor can definitely help you with.
6. It Offers Extensive Learning Resources
The internet is truly a great source for anything and everything, and this holds true for online singing lessons in Singapore. By taking lessons online, your teacher is able to recommend the proper software and tools that you can use when you are not doing your voice lessons together. There are also numerous websites that can provide you with the information you need for your lessons. Mistakes and problems during a vocal lesson are now also quickly addressed by directing you to further online resources. Unlike in the traditional singing lessons, you now have the freedom to choose the material that matches your interests and helps you learn at your own pace.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Online Singing Lessons
• Interact With Your Teacher. Establishing a good relationship with your vocal training instructor will help you feel at ease when you are having your lessons, leading to a stress-free and more personalized session. Take time to get to know your voice coach. Unlike in the traditional singing lessons, it is now easier to try a first lesson with different teachers to find the right match for you.
• Research on the Lessons Offer by the Instructor. One way of knowing as to whether or not the singing lessons offered by a certain voice coach is right for you is through reading reviews and evaluating the feedback left by his or her previous students. Are the services offered affordable? Is the teacher capable of providing help outside of lessons? You are handing over your hard-earned cash, so it is your right to know if you will get your money’s worth.
• Clarify the Aspect of Music You Want to Learn. List down all the things you want to learn from your online singing lessons, and lay them out to your instructor so they will know how your lessons should go. Be specific with what you do and don’t want to learn, and include styles or genres you want to try during vocal lesson so your teacher could incorporate them.
It would also help if you can accurately judge your skill levels beforehand. Don’t take advanced singing classes if you just started learning how to sing; but if you have already mastered the basics, then taking some refresher lessons would be a good start.
Whether you are taking an in-person or online singing lesson, it’s possible for you to get the singing voice you want. Just ensure that you practise not just vocal exercises you learned, but all the good habits to achieve and maintain a healthy voice as well.