You might be eyeing that gorgeous pair of earrings at the jewelry shop, but have you asked yourself if it will look good on you? Fortunately, there is a formula to finding the right earrings for your face shape and facial bone structure.
To determine your face shape, you need to measure its width and length then divide it into three portions. Below are the six face shapes that will determine which type of earrings will look good on you.
• Round – Having a round-shaped face means that your cheekbones are the widest part of your face. To keep people from staring at your chubby cheeks, you should wear dangle and long drop earrings, but avoid studs, hoops, circular or round-shaped earrings, and dangling earrings with round discs.
• Long or Narrow – A long or narrow-shaped face means that the forehead, cheeks, and jawlines have nearly the same width. Do not pick earrings that will make your face look narrower, instead, choose short dangles, medium to large hoops, clustered, pearl, and stud earrings. Pick styles with round shapes and embellishments to make your face look slightly rounder.
• Square – If you have a square or prominent jaw, then you have a square-shaped face. This means that you have to avoid studs and earrings with square-shaped details, and instead, go for oval-shaped, circular, and hoop earrings.
• Heart – This means that your forehead is slightly wider than your cheeks and your chin tapers to a point. Wear tear drop or chandelier earrings to balance the proportions of your face. However, you should avoid studs and pieces that taper at the bottom.
• Oval – Having this face shape means that your forehead is wider than your chin. Luckily, because of your beautiful cheekbones, you can wear almost any type of earrings.
• Diamond – If you have a narrow chin and forehead, you should wear drop earrings and pieces with detailed and wide straight lines and curves.
Facial Bone Structure
Not only will the shape of your face affect how you wear your earrings, but your cheekbones and the facial angles will also determine whether you’ll look gorgeous or disastrous in hoop earrings.
• Small and fine – Avoid large and highly-detailed earrings that will make your face look smaller. Instead, pick pieces that are thin, flat, and fine.
• Medium – Any medium-sized earrings will do as long as you don’t go overboard with the details.
• Large – For people with this bone structure, any heavily-detailed and large earrings will look great.