Many Singaporeans died enduring heart attack. Singapore is not the only one battling heart attack because the whole world is dealing with it. This is the reason why the government is encouraging the people to observe and live a healthy life. As a start, the government is subsidizing exercises which can make the heart grow stronger and in the long run, prevent heart attacks.
Heart attacks are sudden and it will come unannounced. However, not all people are aware that heart attacks develop over time. This means that before the attack itself, there are signs but we only failed to recognize it. If we only recognize it early, there might be time to avert the catastrophic situation. So, here are the warning signs of heart attack:
- Chest discomfort: Chest discomfort is the most common warning signal of heart attack. This is the feeling of heaviness or discomfort in the chest. For others, they might experience a burning sensation. This is not something that should be ignored. If this happens more than once, we have to rush to our doctor. If we hear such complaints from others, they should also consult doctors right away.
- Nauseous: If we are not pregnant and we always suffer nauseous, there is a reason to visit the doctor immediately. Nausea can be an onset of heart attack. Other people think that it is only a sign of exhaustion but nausea happens because our artery gets blocked.
- Shortness of breath: Another common warning is the shortness of breath. If our breathing gets heavy after a short walk or climb, this is enough reason to worry. Other people simply thinks that this is normal but if it gets too often without being accompanied by chest discomfort, we have to take it as a warning sign.
- Arm numbness: If there are times that our arms feel numb or emotionless that they tend to be drifting to our sides, it may be connected to our heart problem.
- Sweating: Sweating is normal especially in the coming summer days but we have to take it a warning sign if we are sweating even if we are in cool conditions. If we notice sweating too often, we have to consult our doctors right away.
- Unresponsiveness: We have to take it seriously if we notice any part of our body that is unresponsive. In most cases, the part of the body that is responsive are the shoulders, back of the neck and the arms.
We should remember the signs so we can take necessary precautions. If we take heed, we might not lose someone we love.