You are looking for a place (outside of Singapore) to spend your vacation. There are many places outside of Singapore that you can consider. If you want a closer one, there’s Malaysia or Indonesia. In case you haven’t heard about Surabaya, this is the perfect time to learn about it and hopefully include it in your list.
Surabaya is in Indonesia. It is the second largest city there. Surabaya is also the capital of East Java. To the locals, Surabaya is fondly called “the city of heroes” because of its role in Indonesian independence. These days, Surabaya is gaining popularity for its attractions. What will you see there? Here’s a list:
- Surabaya Zoo: Surabaya opened its zoo to public in 1916. It is famous because it was the first to successfully breed orangutans.
- Grand Mosque: If you want to witness the magnificence of a mosque, you should not miss the Grand Mosque. The mosque is considered to be one of the largest in the province of East Java.
- House of Sampoerna: If you want to visit the world’s largest manufacturer of cigarettes, you can head to House of Sampoerna. In the lobby, you will see exhibits that showcase old machinery for manufacturing cigarettes.
- Kusuma Agro Wisata: Picking fruits is not a common scenario in Singapore. You can actually experience it in Surabaya. You can pick apples or guavas. The fruits depend on the season though.
- Mount Bromo: If you are the adventurous type, you can always consider Mount Bromo. You can actually experience its crater.
Actually there are more attractions that you can expect in Surabaya. You will have fun there.