It’s never too late for you to stop hitting that snooze button. Also, stop being envious of your friend who naturally wakes up early and become a morning person yourself through these tips.
- Hit the sack early. It’s really hard to stop surfing the Internet late at night, especially if you’re a night owl, but keep in mind that everything you’re doing this late night could wait until the following day. Go to bed early and you’ll surely wake up the following day earlier than your usual waking time.
- Wakeup earlier each day. Getting up hours earlier might be difficult for you at first. So make it less shocking for your body by setting your alarm 10 minutes earlier than your usual waking time every day and notice how you’ll easily become the morning person, you’ve always wanted to be.
- Indulge on a healthy breakfast. Motivate and energize yourself every morning by indulging a healthy and hearty breakfast. Through this, you’ll become more cheerful and less fatigued throughout the day. Also, avoid drinking too much black coffee in the mornings as it will only make you grumpy early in the morning.
- Maintain your sleeping schedule throughout the week. Avoid messing up our body clock by sleeping late even on weekends. Maintain your workday sleeping schedule even during your day-off to keep the momentum going. Just image the things you’ll be able to do during your weekends when you’re up a couple of hours earlier than usual.
- Relax before going to bed. According to Singapore health experts, sleeping early will be a lot easier if you avoid watching TV or fiddling on your gadgets before going to bed. The light produced by these gadgets will only trick your brain into thinking that it’s earlier than it really is. Avoid doing anything that is too stimulating before hitting the sack, and instead, focus on doing relaxing activities like listening to soothing music, or taking a bath.
- Reward yourself for waking up early. Getting out of bed early will be easier for you if you have something to look forward to. Whether it’s a new season of your favourite TV show, or an exciting chapter in a book, reward yourself because you definitely deserve it.
Waking up early actually has a lot of benefits. You’re able to get more sun exposure, you’ll have time to enjoy your breakfast, and more importantly, you’ll only need to deal with fewer crowds during your commute to work. So, turn yourself into a morning person and enjoy all these benefits to your heart’s content.