One of the most common beauty problems among girls is oily skin, which is caused by an overactive sebaceous gland triggered either by hormones or stress. Although dealing with oily skin gives serious anxiety, it doesn’t need to kill your confidence. It’s actually just a matter of choosing the right skincare products suited for your type of skin. To make things a lot easier, we’ve rounded up some of the skincare habits that oily-skinned girls should practise.
- Use the Right Type of Facial Cleanser. When it comes to facial cleansers, a gel-type facial cleanser with salicylic acid would be your best option not just to clean out deep-seated dirt, but to prevent future acne breakouts as well. Wash your face with the right facial cleanser two times a day to keep your skin from producing more oil.
- Opt for Oil-Free Products. In choosing beauty products – especially makeup – always go with the oil-free and non-comedogenic products to control oil production throughout the day, and keep acne breakouts at bay. One of the products worth trying is Bioderma’s Sébium AKN.
- Skip the Astringent and Toner. This is especially important if your products contain alcohol, since it can be a very drying product to the skin and causes the skin to oil up more to compensate with the lost moisture. Make it a habit to read the ingredient list before purchasing any product so you won’t end up wasting money only to aggravate the problem.
- Exfoliate. Exfoliation is as important to oily skin as it is to normal skin type. Ensure you deep clean your pores twice a week, to slough off dead skin cells and lower the chances of breakouts. Remember to only limit your skin exfoliation to twice a week as over-scrubbing might cause your skin to produce even more oil.
- Blot Your Skin. If you’re looking for the easiest way to deal with excess oil, then stock up on oil blotting papers. Always carry around a pack of oil blotting sheets wherever you go. If you find blotting papers a bit pricey, you can use travel-sized tissue packs instead. Doing this won’t only keep unattractive greasy face at bay, but also secures your makeup in place throughout the day.
Just like any other skin types, oily skin requires a special skincare regimen too. So keep all these skincare habits in mind, and you’ll have that fresh looking face round the clock.