If you are fond of fashion, this is your time to shine because the New York Fashion Week is about to commence. Fashion has never been this fun. If you want to witness the event, you should go to runways in New York and see the latest trends. You will be thrilled to see leading designers and newbies. Expect nothing but the best.
Fashion Week is an event anticipated by many fashion followers, designers and editors. The creations of the leading designers and newbies are featured in this semi-annual event. You can get the freshest and newest looks if you attend. Fashion Week has been overwhelming in the past years. If you are going to one of the shows as a publicist, you should know what to do so you will blend in. Here are some guidelines that you can consider when you attend the most fashionable event on earth:
- Make a schedule. Many people believe that the Fashion Week is the craziest and the busiest time of the year. If you are determined to attend all shows, you should put a realistic and legible schedule. If you make your schedule, your life will be easier.
- Look for the right tote. You need a lot of items if you are covering the Fashion Week. You need your recorder, camera, notebook, pen and many more. The secret is to find the right tote. Your tote bag will carry everything you need. Look for a tote that is not too large but still fashionable.
- Dress appropriately. Your dress will speak of you. You need to brand yourself so you will be remembered or recognized. Looking for that perfect dress is not easy but if you know what you like and what you are comfortable with, you will succeed. Remember that designers would be glad if they see you wear their creations.
- Secure your show invitation. There are shows that are very strict. If you are invited to a show, you have to furnish a copy of your invitation to be safe. Even if you do not need it, just carry it with you because you do not know when you will need it.
- Think about your phone. Apart from your tote bag, your mobile phone is also your best friend. Your mobile phone should be equipped to receive email. You also need to be connected to social networking sites like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Follow the seating assignment. If you do not want to be embarrassed, you should follow the seating assignment. The seating arrangement is indicated in your invitation or if you are not sure, try to look for an usher so he/she can help you find your seat.