If you’re living in area – like Singapore – where the weather constantly changes, then perhaps you already developed the habit of checking the weather before getting dressed. After all, taking a good look at the weather predictions could help you in properly styling your locks, protecting your skin and applying your makeup. For that reason, we listed down some fool-proof tips that could help you weather the storm or the extreme heat.
Dry, Windy Weather
• Create a Plan to Prevent Hair Tangles. Hair of any texture or length can get easily mussed by wind. So if you’re planning to spend some time outdoors, do keep a clip or a scarf in your bag so you could temporarily tie up your strands or cover your head to keep your locks from the wind’s reach. It’d also be a great idea to carry a mini hairbrush in case you need to perform some touch-ups.
• Deep-Condition Your Strands Beforehand. Dry air often results in dry hair, which is more susceptible to static and damage. Your scalp might even start itching in this weather, as it zaps the natural moisture of your skin. Easily combat this by deep-conditioning your tresses before heading out. Opt for a deep conditioner that restores the manageability and strength of your hair, and follow it up with a vitamin-packed serum that could double as a heat protectant.
• Keep Your Skin Hydrated. Before moisturizing your face, use a serum rich in hyaluronic acid. The serum will help your skin in retaining moisture and strengthening the protective barrier. Opt for an antioxidant serum, since it is loaded with peptides, acids and CoQ10, then follow it up with an oil-based moisturizer. Just ensure that the moisturizer is non-comedogenic and is designed for facial skin.
• Maintain Curls By Properly Setting It. After curling your strands or creating a wave, immediately set using a hair pin and leave it that way from 10 minutes to an hour. You can also prep your strands with a hair primer that’s designed to create a base for your hairstyle and to repel humidity.
• Embrace the Natural Texture of Your Hair. Instead of fighting the weather, learn to embrace it and simply enhance the natural texture of your strands using a sea salt mist. A good hair mist to have in your beauty arsenal is Olivine Atelier’s Amongst the Waves Body and Hair Mist, which combines coconut oil and Himalayan pink sea salt to enhance your hair’s natural texture.
• Stock Up on Blotting Paper. Blotting papers are definitely a must-have when it comes to absorbing the excess oil brought by the humid weather. It’d also be a good idea to pack some Q-tips with you so you could easily clean up any smeared mascara.
Properly caring for your hair and skin in an unpredictable weather doesn’t have to be that difficult. Simply putting these tips to work will already help you stay stylish even in the worse climate there is.