Stress is normal here in Singapore. If we do not experience stress, it means we are not leaving and just passing by. The trick here is to get our mind off the stresses in everyday life. When the going gets tough, we have to keep calm and be at peace so we can accomplish many things.
If we ignore stress, it will be counterproductive which is not good for our career. As early as now, we have to realize that stress is part of life and the only thing that we can do is to de-stress. Here are a few things that we can consider to feel more relaxed:
- Meditate: The easiest thing that we can do is to meditate when we are stressed-out. Meditating is easy and it does not require money. We only need to look for a comfortable place, relax our muscles, close the eyes and visualize something good.
- Sipping green tea: For others, green tea is the trick. Green tea contains theanine that can promote relaxation.
- Create the relaxation room: We have to create an environment that we can control. We can outsmart stress by creating our relaxation room. There are spas that offer relaxation rooms but if we do not want to spend time outside, we have to make our room the relaxation room.
- Watch what we eat: When we are so stressed, we crave for foods but sometimes they do harm more than good. Binge eating is a way of coping with stress but when we consider this, we have to make sure that we eat healthy or at least watch our portion sizes.
- Get a massage: If we really want to remove the tension, we have to consider body massage. The good news is that there are myriad massage spas here in Singapore that we can consider. Aromatherapy is the trick.
- Exercise: Exercise not only strengthens the body but it can condition the mind. Even if we only allot twenty minutes every day for exercise, it can make a difference. We have to remember that when we exercise, endorphins are being released to the body which can reduce stress.
- Hot bath: Nothing can soothe the body except hot bath. The heat will relax the muscles and taking a long and nice bath can soothe the mind as well. If we use our favorite bath salts and soaps, we can make bathing a fine experience.
The routine will depend on how we like it but once we employ it, nothing can break us. Stress is part of life and instead of avoiding it, we have to focus more on alleviating it and de-stressing.