When you think about distressed or ripped jeans, you probably picture a pair of slouchy boyfriend jeans with a good amount of ripping at the knee area. While the one you imagined is correct, a new wave of distressed denim is taking on an entirely different path. It’s no longer about rips and tears – we’re now talking about crazy patches, new silhouettes and even full-on sequins. So toss out the old pair of distressed jeans now and start welcoming these new ripped denim trends in your closet.
- Sequin Statement. Interested in wearing a conversation-starter jeans? Then this pair is for you. Not only are they neatly ripped, they’re also covered in sequins. Truly the perfect pair if you want to turn heads as you walk by.
- Dip-Dyed Denim. Change up your usual denim wash with a distressed ombré pair. Not only is this style eye-catching, this frayed hem also perfectly complements each of your knee rips.
- Printed Pair. We understand that you love your baby blues, but distressed jeans set in bold patterns is just much more interesting. A good pattern choice? Animal prints. Don’t worry about pairing it up with your tops though, since this statement ripped jeans can be easily paired up with almost any top of your choice.
- Plaid Peekaboo. Contrary to its name, ripped jeans aren’t really always about showing some skin. This style, for instance, reveals a mix of different plaids in each rip, making it look like each rip has its own little statement.
- Toughened-Up Flare Jeans. Although it’s a mainstay, flare jeans doesn’t always have to feel like the 1970’s boho. So up the edge of your favourite all-black wash with some ripping at the knees. This will make your silhouette more flattering than a pair of oversized or super-slouchy jeans.
- Fancy Floral. Distressed denims are no longer just for the boyish girls. With this pair, even the girly-girls out there can already rock a good pair of ripped jeans. Simply pair it with a sheer, flowy top and nude pumps, and you’re good to go.
- Novelty Patched Jeans. If you’re into DIYs then this pair is the right match for you, since you get to embrace your quirkiness by adding unique patches into your usual rips. If you want, you can further flair up your jeans by ironing on some DIY extras.
With these statement distressed jeans to choose from, you can now easily turn your favourite baby blues into a catwalk-worthy fashion piece.