Aromatherapy has long been known as an excellent way to boost one’s mood using essential oils. By simply inhaling the aroma of these oils, you can already cause healthful changes in your body like stimulating your digestion and enhancing your immune system. If you’re quite not sure as to what scent you should be trying out, we’ve listed down six of the best scents that you should have to boost both your mood and health.
- Lemon. Lemons are not only great for lemon water, its scent also has calming and clarifying properties that doesn’t just promote concentration, but also helps you calm down every time you feel anxious and angry. It also has antibacterial and antiviral properties that helps in improving circulation and in boosting the body’s immune system against colds and sore throat.
- Lavender. If you tend to experience emotional stress most of the time, then this scent is an absolute must-try for you. Lavender works by soothing the nerves, easing nervous tension and fighting off depression. Other than that, it also works an excellent treatment for migraines and headaches.
- Jasmine. Similar with lavender, jasmine also works by calming the nerves, but what sets it apart is that the latter can also be used as an antidepressant. This oil has uplifting capabilities that produces a feeling of optimism, confidence and even revitalized energy that will surely uplift your mood.
- Rosemary. Other than improving your memory retention, rosemary also has stimulating properties that aid in fighting physical exhaustion, mental fatigue and headache. It can even be used topically to ease muscle aches and pains. With this benefits, rosemary really is an excellent Monday morning pick-me-up.
- Cinnamon. While the taste of cinnamon can’t be beat, the scent this spice gives off is also linked with reduced frustration and fatigue, thereby promoting alertness and improving one’s focus and concentration.
- Peppermint. Like cinnamon, peppermint also offers a soothing scent. Other than that, its scent also invigorates the mind, stimulates clear thinking and promotes concentration, making it an ideal scent to have if you’re planning to have brainstorming sessions with your colleagues or friends.
Not only will you be able to improve your mood with these essential oils, you’ll also be able to get health benefits like improved immune system and blood circulation. With these oils, you can now take your relaxation time to another level.