We’ve put on our makeup every morning using one beauty routine for years. However, there are other ways that can help us to do our makeup smoother and faster to save us both time and energy, and these following tips are what will make things a lot easier for you.
- Proper Skin Preparation: Properly preparing your skin before applying foundation is a must. This means preparing your skin by applying your moisturizer first, allowing it to set for a couple of minutes, and then applying your primer afterwards. Doing these steps will ensure that your skin is properly moisturized, protected and smooth with less visible fine lines and pores.
- Powder Power: A translucent pressed powder can act as one good equalizer in situations where you’ve applied too much blush or eye shadow. Blend away the excess products, then pat on your translucent powder. It will edge off the excessive colours and soften your look. This is also perfect if you happen to use extremely dark eyebrow fillers.
- Blending is Key: If you’ve been struggling to create a smooth line with your eyeliner, apply your liner first then add your eye shadow, and gently blend it right into your eyeliner. With this trick, nobody will be able to tell where your shadow ends and where the line begins, resulting to a perfect-looking liner.
- Pair Up Products: Bought a concealer or foundation that’s too light for your complexion? If so, don’t toss it just yet. Make use of your purchase by adding an apricot blush, or a light bronzer, to warm up the product’s colour, matching it to your complexion.
- Colourless Lip Liner for Perfect Lips: Avoiding colour bleed is the key when it comes to applying lipsticks that are set in bright shades. Achieve that bleed-free look by using a colourless lip liner prior to your lipstick application. This trick is perfect not just to prevent feathering, but to reduce the appearance of fine lines around the lips too.
Sticking to a makeup, or beauty routine, that you’re comfortable with will give you good makeup results, but incorporating these tricks to your routine will surely provide you with an even better makeup result.