Having droopy eyelids can be a real downer. Not only does it make applying makeup a challenging task, it also makes you look tired and older than your actual age. Luckily, there are some makeup tricks that you could actually use to give your droopy lids its much needed lift.
- Accentuate Your Eyebrows. Drawing in your eyebrows is one way to completely change the look of your eyes. Do this by using a bit of powdered eyeshadow and apply it over your brows using an angled brush. For more natural-looking eyebrows, apply your powdered shadow using short strokes. If you want, you can also apply a white eyeshadow beneath your brows to highlight them further.
- Avoid Drawing Attention to Your Lids. The best way to draw attention away from your eyelids? Use neutral eyeshadow shades. Apply a nude colour of your choice all over your entire lid, then apply a medium brown shade in the crease and in outer area of your lids. Another good trick is to apply some blue eyeshadow in the corner of your eyes in a ‘>’ shape. Ensure that you don’t use too much blue shadow, and blend it together with your brown shadow towards your tear duct.
- Line Your Upper Lid. Applying a black liner on the top of your upper lash line is another trick to make your eyes look wider and make them pop. As much as possible, try lining as close to your upper lash line – close enough that there’ll be no spaces between your lashes and your eyeshadow. A liner brush and a gel liner are great options for making a rather precise line.
- Apply Eyeshadow on Your Lower Lashes. While it may seem like a good idea, lining your lower lash actually makes your eyes appear smaller. Instead, apply a shimmery white eyeshadow in the area around your tear duct. Not only will it make your eyes pop, it’ll also give more contrast to it. If you want you can also apply the same blue and brow shadows to make your eyes pop further.
- Use Some Mascara. When applied carefully, mascara will pull your entire look together. Just remember to use an eyelash curler before applying your mascara to make your lashes look more voluminous. Apply the base coat of your mascara to the base of your lashes and gently pull through the tip of your lashes.
So that’s the five simple ways on how you can make your eyes look less droopy. While it seems like a lot of things are involved in the process, it’s actually pretty simple and will only take a couple minutes to do.