Going organic can really offer a lot of beauty benefits, especially on the skin. When it comes to the face however, doing some little homework to ensure that your cleanser will give you a fabulous looking skin is essential. Just like not all the traditional cleanser are created equal, neither are the organic cleansers. So be sure that you read the labels on those organic washes and ensure that it contains these five key ingredients that will help you get fairer and healthier skin.
- Soapwart (Saponaria Officinalis). This is one of the must-have ingredients of your organic cleanser, especially if you have sensitive skin. Not only does it make as a great substitute for Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, it also works wonders in calming acne, eczema and psoriasis, leaving you with fairer and healthier skin.
- Natural Oils. If you have acne-prone or oily skin, then experts recommend that you look for natural cleansers that contain various natural oils. Such cleansers will aid in keeping your face well-moisturized, unlike the harsh cleansers you used to apply that only strips off the skin’snatural oils, causing it to overdrive and produce even more sebum. Look for cleansers that contain lemon, grapefruit or sage leaf oil as these oils work great on oily skin.
- Tea Tree. Tea tree may appear in several cleansers, but it’s actually a little different from other oils since it has antiseptic and bacteria-killing properties. Also, look for moisturizing oils like argan, coconut and sesame along with tea tree oil to effectively and gently cleanse your skin without stripping its inherent oils off.
- Dectyl Glucoside. Another ingredient that people with sensitive skin should look for is dactyl glucoside, as it is known to be a non-toxic and highly effective cleansing agent. Although it’s quite acidic, dectyl glucoside serves as a great and safer alternative for lauryl sulphate in cleansing through the grime and oil residues on the skin. Just look for a product that also contains acidic ingredients though, so that it can lower and balance the formula.
- Clay. If you’re into clay facial washes, then we suggest that you look for products that contain clays like Kaolin, French Green and Rhassoul to effectively cleanse your skin without stripping its oils. These clays work by gently binding the dirt, makeup and excess sebum, leaving your skin completely clean but not dry. These are also formulas to look for your sensitive skin since it’s not as harsh as the other facial cleansers.
Organic cleansers are a good way to get fairer skin, and you can now make it even better by going with products that contain the aforementioned ingredients. With this, you no longer need to strip off the oils of your skin just to get a youthful complexion.